I am an SEO copywriter, web designer, strategist and writer based in Canberra
I work with small businesses and organisations to share their stories and grow their brands.
I also teach digital marketing with my awesome digital marketing newsletter.
I'm particularly good at:
- Writing well researched content on lots of subjects from food to mining to social media
- Turning complex, technical writing into friendly, engaging content
- Editing articles, blog posts and online content to draw out the story
- Diving into techy SEO research and analysis to help sites rank on Google
- Designing professional, beautiful websites that get loads of compliments
How I work
This is my business so I work with you one on one.
I don’t outsource. I’m right there with you in the trenches.
There's no hidden agenda - I want what you want - a better online profile, more social engagement, higher SEO ranking, and more clients.
I have loads of support systems and a clear client workflow. I want to make it super easy for us to work together.
Plus, I'm a nice person. Like, so nice that I used to feed all the stray Lao cats around my house and take them to the vet. (I miss them!).
Better yet, just ask my clients, I have a 95% referral rate. In fact my clients love my digital services so much, they tell their friends (you guys rock).
Melinda Jamieson and Suzy Piani, Interior Design Consultants, Sold On Styling
I have all kinds of communications experience
20 years' worth, in fact (yes, I'm that old).
Specifically, here's the goods:
- Degree in Media Communications
- Masters in Sustainability
- Graphic design skills in magazine production and advertising
- Web design skills in Wordpress, Squarespace and HTML
- SEO skills in research, analysis and copywriting
- Australian federal government communications experience in a central agency
- Environmental consultancy communications in Vietnam
- Agriculture and climate change communications at a central Vietnamese government ministry
- Freelance feature writing for publications across Australia, Asia and the US
- Regularly blogging for 9 years in 4 countries
Yep, that's a fair bit of diversity! Which means I can turn my hand to most subjects and projects.
My writing clients span food, mining, health, travel, business and digital marketing.
And I've designed websites for a range of small businesses including jewellery design, building, real estate, health professionals, and freelance writers.
Megan Blandford, Freelance Writer, meganblandford.net